Arsene Wenger has reveals he will
continue as Arsenal manager next season.
There have been banners at the emirates calling for
Wenger’s resignation, following their exit from the FA cup, UCL and slipping in
the EPL.
But the French manager has revealed he will stay one
more season, which is the final year of his three year contract.
“During the season, [that criticism] was not very
welcome when you fight for the championship, especially after the Tottenham
game, when we were a bit unlucky,” he told beIN Sports.
“I give my best to the club I love and if I can share
that love with the supporters it’s even better. I want to make sure that I give
my best and that I put my knowledge at the disposal of the team.
“I am committed and have no doubt I will be there next
season.”
Despite the pressure, Wenger insists that he is only
thinking about his own team’s performances as they look to keep up a distant
title bid over the last stretch of the season.
“I don’t worry too much about the rest – what people
say,” he affirmed.
“All the rest is judgement, opinions and that is
linked with belief from the last disappointment or result.
“In my job I focus on how we perform. In life, it’s
very important you focus on what you are appointed for – and I am appointed to
perform and do the best for my club.
“My future is my future, I don’t master that.”

No comments:
Post a Comment